Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back from Europe!

Hello everyone! 

I am back from Europe, a three week long trip, with many literary adventures under my belt. I read a novel by Marian Keyes while in her hometown of Dublin, Ireland, walked the streets of Edinburgh where the cozy mysteries of Isabel Dalhousie (by Alexander McCall Smith) are set, climbing Arthur's Seat, viewing the dramatic black Salisbury crags with a view of the Firth of Forth.

We even visited the Elephant Cafe in Edinburgh where JK Rowling wrote much of the first Harry Potter novel! I drank a pot of Earl Grey tea there and read the fan graffiti, of how Harry Potter books had affected many lives, in the bathroom if you can believe it!  Walking in the Grey Friars cemetery nearby, we found the grave of Tom Riddell, aka Voldemort. 

I read William Wordsworth poems, "I floated lonely as a cloud," in the Lake District at a cozy b and b beside a castle, in the place where he once roamed the fields, cloud-watching. 

Overall, I loved browsing bookshops like Hodges Figgis in Dublin and discovering new authors and books that had not yet made it "over the pond."

Many book reviews to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment