Friday, June 3, 2011

If I Stay.....This book is bursting with HEART

If I Stay by Gayle Forman



What would I do, at 17, if I were in Mia's position? I don’t know. At first, this book seemed too sad to read--a girl in a coma, deciding to stay in this world without her family or go?  Some questions we could never answer for someone else.

As I read, I realized the book is more: her love for music, complex relationships with Adam, Kim, her family. Feeling out of place or completely loved. Going to music camp. Deciding between pursuing her talent or staying with her love. What life offers and takes away. You’ll cry. So worth it.


Song to Read By: "Glosoli" by Sigur Ros.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr_MJAOyOeU This song is moody, complex, and magical. This was the artsy Icelandic band mentioned in the book. Adam had Mia listen to this band At the back of the paperback edition of the novel, the author explains music mentioned in the book. You can see the playlist on this site: http://www.gayleforman.com/books/if-i-stay/playlist/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment